Welcome to my blog

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world".
Albert Einstein

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Beautiful Blogger Award"




Wow! I've been awarded the "Beautiful Blogger Award" from http://kindofthatgirl.blogspot.com/. She's "kind of that girl", which is good to know and follow! She has a very beautiful and inspirational blog. You don't need to have a book to read, her blog is a "page turner"! Alexandra's poem called: "To You My Love, Forgive Me" is my favorite, check it out!

For those I given an award, here are the rules:

1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on your blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.


Here are 7 things about me, decide for yourself if it's interesting or not:

  1. I love sad and gloomy songs. You have to listen to them every time you pass by my blog. I have 39 sad and gloomy songs on my playlist, I hope it won't scare you off??


  2. I am my husband's wife, who makes me sooo happy, who's my soul mate and whom I love ENORMOUSLY!


  3. I love to travel. I've been around Europe and I think there is no better place to be then Switzerland were I lived for 10 years (OK, France and Italy too)!


  4. I can't stand sad and gloomy summers in San Francisco;


  5. I love to eat but I hate to cook. (Lucky for me my husband's cooking is amazing, it actually relaxes him);


  6. I love everything what's French: frog's legs, french cooking, Chanel, Louis de Funès, Edith Piaf (no, I don't have her on my playlist), houte couture, wine testing, joi de vivre. Oh, I can't forget about: cheese, pastries, bread, charcutrie...And of course language, which I hope not to forget.


  7. I am not a big fun of surprises. I get disappointed very easily and I don't know how to hide it. I don't have big expectations, I just don't know how to act like I am surprised!
And award goes to:
(no particular order)

  1. http://threehundredsixtyfiveloves.blogspot.com/
    I love this blog and Kate's concept of writing for 365 days about things she loves. You can really get to know someone that way very well. She has great book recommendations.

  2. http://wearethehendricks.blogspot.com/ I learned from this amazing blogger how to make home vanilla extract! (you need to check her Friday, 1 January 2010 post). Her day to day posts are so exiting!

  3. http://deva84world.blogspot.com/2009/12/hello-from-poland.html I love this blog. I always wait for the new post with impatience. She is sweet and adorable. What I love about her is that she is not afraid to dream.

  4. http://bechindblueeyes.blogspot.com/ She has great sense of taste for everything. Her sweet little post are so inspiring. And I adore her cats!

  5. http://barefootchicdesign.blogspot.com/ I totally recommend this blog. She is an amazing designer, she loves photography, music AND her family. She sells her own work, mostly acrylic painting on canvas, wall hanging decor on wooded plate/board for kids room etc. I admire her talent.

  6. http://mrsmfc.blogspot.com/ She is a young, lovely lady with big heart and enthusiasm. Her blog is very positive and fun to read.

  7. http://apetitediva.blogspot.com/ Great fashion blog. Make up recommendations are best!

  8. http://thisischerish.blogspot.com/ Another fashion blog... If you love pink you will love her blog. Cherish is fun and her blog is so refreshing!

12 comments:

Katy Mary said...

OMG thank you soooooo much! This is my very first blogger award :) I think today I love my blogger award!! Love your blog too <3 Thanks again, I'm like giddy excited right now, such a dork I am. :)

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there,I'm new here and loving your stylish blog,must start following you so I don,t miss a thing!! Congrats Mary Kate on your blog award! Sharon xox

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!I truly appreciate this.~~Becky

P said...

I love sad and gloomy songs too. (I love upbeat ones too but sometimes I just like to wallow!)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I LOVE visitors!

mrs.mfc said...

Congrats on the award!! AND thank you so much for passing it on to me!! You don't know how much I appreciate it!!

G said...

french fries? Nothings frencher than that. I know this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for nominating me, you're such a sweetie! Loving your blog xoxo

Monique said...

Congrats on the award !
Loving your blog !

xoxo
http://moniqueclassic.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Thanks for checking out my blog :D I am now a follower of yours!

I love everything French-related also!

And I don't know how to act surprised either, my friends threw me a surprise party and were disappointed at my reaction. But I was happy!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

congrats! you totally deserve it!

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Hey congrats on the award! :) Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! Stop back whenever you want... haha.

 ALH said...

I loved your 'interesting things'! I also love everything French! and gloomy songs, especially sung en Francais.

And I'm so glad you liked "To you my love, forgive me," it is also my mom's favorite! Thanks for following and congrats again on being a beautiful blogger :)